Yesterday I had the pleasure to pick up my Silvercar. For those who haven't heard of this amazing company, Silvercar is an app-based app-based premium rental car service. There literally are no lines, no paperwork and everyone who rents through Silvercar gets an Audi. You can chose from an Audi A4, Q5, Q7 or A5 Cabriolet every time with no-nonsense pricing starting at $49, which includes fair toll tracking and a fuel plan.
PHOTO: My Silvercar (c) Sery Kim
Silvercar isn't in every city (click here for a full list of cities) but for those who live in Washington, D.C. you can rent a vehicle at Dulles International Airport. Take the Silver line, jump on the Dulles Flyer and then call the company from Departure Gate 4. In 10 minutes, the team at Silvercar will come pick you up and take you through the process of taking out your vehicle. All of it is done through the app in advance so what the team is really doing is just verifying your Driver's License and Credit Card match the person picking up the vehicle. SO EASY!!
PHOTO: Interior of my Q5 Silvercar (c) Sery Kim
And for Women's History Month, the Silvercar team has put together a great roadtrip list below. Personally, since the Cherry Blossoms are going to pop up in their fullest bloom this Saturday, I am going to take the car around to photograph all the beautiful blooms! Well ... and hitting up a winery in Virginia!!
· National Women’s History Museum: The National Women’s History Museum is a nonprofit educational institution established with the intent to build the first ever national museum in Washington, D.C. Since 1996, the National Women’s History Museum has been working to raise funds and secure a prominent site on the National Mall that celebrates and honors women’s contributions to American history and culture, ensuring that women’s voices are included in our national narrative.
· A Tour of Her Own: Women’s History Walking Tours: A Tour Of Her Own (TOHO), offers a number of special themed walking tours in Washington D.C. throughout Women’ History Month. All of these tours are run on a name your own price basis. You decide how much the tour is worth at the end of the tour. However, to ensure a suitable group size, there is a $3 non-refundable booking fee. All booking fees received from these special Women’s History tours will be donated to a local Washington DC women’s charity.
· The National Portrait Gallery: Learn about women’s suffrage in the United States by checking out a new special exhibition that will specifically highlight the centennial of the 19th Amendment. Votes for Women: Portraits of Persistence will reveal the stories of women and organizations that are often overlooked in the study of women’s history.
· National Museum of Women in the Arts: The National Museum of Women in the Arts is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. and is the only museum in the world dedicated solely to celebrating the artistic achievements of women. The museum's permanent collection features more than 3,000 works of art by women from the 16th century to the present.
· Sewall-Belmont House and Museum: Sewall-Belmont House and Museum is a women's history museum that displays fine art and artifacts from the women's suffrage and equal rights movements. Visitors see furniture belonging to Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and National Women's Party Party founder, Alice Paul. The museum is a national historic landmark and has been the historic headquarters of the National Woman's Party since 1929. Family-friendly programs are available including arts & crafts and storytelling.
PHOTO: Another view of the Q5 interior (c) Sery Kim
Oh. For those who don't drive and are sans car, aka people like me, the entire rental fleet features onboard Wi-Fi, GPS navigation, car seats, roof racks and SiriusXM satellite radio, all included at no additional cost so you don't really have to worry about anything when driving. Enjoy your joyride!