Set to debut this month following an extensive $46 million renovation, The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort is located on one of the best beaches along the Kohala Coast, aka not anywhere near the current actively spewing volcano. Formerly the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, the completely transformed resort is designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s traveler with a new personality, property enhancements and guest experiences that reflect the destination and Westin’s commitment to rejuvenation, exploration and wellness.
With a desire to be "an oasis for well-being and relaxation," the hotel is perfectly nestled into the bluffs above the award-winning Hapuna Beach. Highlights in the resort's aim to bring a new wave of Big Island wellness + luxury include:
• Accommodations: the rooms are among the largest on the Kohala Coast (232 guestrooms, 17 suites), all entirely redesigned
• Arrival experience: the new lobby was designed with a biophilic-focus, suggesting that a connection to nature enhances well-being: a custom living wall and vertical garden will be in the lobby, bringing theisland’s flora and fauna indoors; new interactive check-in pods
• A new adults-only pool offering a serene poolside experience on the edge of award-winning Hapuna Beach
• New guest activities and experiences rooted in well-being: hotel offers the island’s only CrossFit studio and run concierge (in keeping with Westin’s RunWESTIN program, the brand’s signature WestinWORKOUT fitness studio)
• Four new dining concepts: Meridia, a Mediterranean inspired restaurant boasting a display kitchen, craft cocktails and expanded al fresco dining; Naupaka Beach Grill, an innovative casual restaurant featuring an extensive list of local brews on tap; ‘Ikena Landing, an open-air breakfast venue with a buffet, a la carte options and fresh juices by The Juicery®; andPiko Coffee+Bar, a barista bar serving 100-percent Kona Coffee, refreshing libations, a light menu and fresh grab ‘n go selections.